Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Continuous Love for the Dollar Tree -$4 Votive Candle Holder

Glass votive of your choice, flat colored marbles, & mirror
 My husband and I love candles.  We love them so much, we light a couple every night for lighting while watching our shows and movies rather than have the lights on.  I have several holders, and I like those that Yankee Candle Co. often display, but I can never find the right colors I am looking for.  I love color!  Dollar Tree satisfies me once more on this project.  Run down to your nearest, grab everything you see here and your trusty handy high temp glue gun, and you're good to go! Note: I used one and a half bags of the marbles for this project.  This whole project will only take you 1/2 hour to one hour at most.




Line marbles on bottom around perimeter
 With the smallest dab of hot glue, use the tip of the glue gun to smooth out the glue as best you can.  It will blend and look like part of the marble, no worries!  Line the bottom of the votive holder like so.  You want to glue them on rounded side in, onto the inside of the glass holder.
 The second row you will line right above the first, with opposite colors, or whatever you would like for a pattern.  Then, you want to start overlaying the marbles where necessary - filling in any empty spaces - here, you can then glue either the rounded or flat side to the other marbles.  Try to get the marbles to line into place sort of like bricks.  With a couple packages of those marbles, you will find ones close enough to the size you need!
Lookin' spiffy!

Very colorful





And you're done!  Add tea light, votive candle, whatever you choose.  Place that votive on the mirror and you have a really neat, really colorful effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment