Friday, January 27, 2012

Bubble Magnets Are All the Rage

Bubble Magnets
These have become quite the highlight at my craft fairs.  And they are quite appropriate for the frugal crafter as the clear glass gems can be found at the Dollar Tree. I will mention the Dollar Tree frequently on this site as they are quite handy in great deals, mass quantity and frankly, taking crap and turning it into something eye catching.

The papers for these gems are decoupaged on.  I use a variety of papers, but actually have greater success in finer, higher quality papers that I have to go to a specialty shop locally for.  This will vary for each person in preference, but personally, I like the thinner the paper.  Leaves less of the gloss from the decoupage and it's easier to work with.

Specialty papers are best to work with
These are such a highlight, that last Christmas Fair 2011 (photo below) I was writing down requests for other designs.  I met a woman who travels to Washington, DC each December to lay wreaths at Arlington Cemetery.  She asked about patriotic or American Flag themed magnets to hand out to her volunteer wreath layers.  She promised she would be back, and I don't doubt it.  She wouldn't be my first to return for these magnets!  At this same Christmas fair, I had another customer return looking for my table.  I have a lot to live up to this year.  I will soon be selling these on Etsy.
Left to Right:  My Mom, myself, and my Nana.  Three generations of crafters .

No comments:

Post a Comment