Sunday, April 29, 2012

"Tropical Treatment" Thank You Gift

A Thank You Gift perfect for coming sunny days!

This week was my work agency's Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon to recognize our senior volunteers.  We had a blast and they went home with several goodies.  If it weren't for my supporting staff though, I would absolutely not have been able to pull this event off on my own. One of my coordinators is a scrapbookaholic and the other is a whiz at getting whatever  you can dream up donated for raffle prizes.  They both work extra hard, and each of them even had their daughters help out for the event, so this was my way of thanking all four of them.

I wanted a tropical/girly theme to the thank yous and who was the store to come through once again on supplies?  The Dollar Tree.  In total this was about $25 for 4 gifts.  They had hurricane goblets in bright colors, LifeSavers gummies in 2 different flavors, tropical theme stirrers, little drink umbrellas, and flip flop flower clips.  The only item I did not get there was the Crystal Light.  Crystal Light has a brand new line of "adult beverage" flavored mixes.  I grabbed an Appletini package, a Mojito package for my coordinators.  Their daughters are both underage, and not that there is alcohol in these powdery packets, but I didn't want to offend (especially considering one girl is 13) so I snagged Raspberry Lemonade and Strawberry Kiwi for them.

I wanted a fun 'tag' for each of the hurricane goblets, so I came up with the idea of making paper flip flops.  To be honest, I just free handed these.  I had some brown paper for the middle of the flip flop, and then I grabbed from my scrapbook pile colorful papers for the soles.  I used Scrapbook adhesive to adhere the brown paper to the colored paper.  I then poked three tiny holes at the top middle, and the two opposing sides of the flip flop.



Fold a piece of ribbon in half for the straps, and sick through the top middle hole.  This is the start of the flip flop.

You will put the other ends of the ribbon through the two opposing holes, pull through (leaving some ribbon loose for the sandal strap effect) and tie to the back. I added a dab of Tacky Glue to the top piece of ribbon on the back to keep it securely in place.


 I coordinated fun flowers and brads for the top of each sandal that I glued on.  And then I wrote on each one "Tropical Treatment Thank You".  For future gifts like this I might explain the contents inside the goblets.  But I actually just liked these as they were.


I tucked the flower clips for the flip flops in the top of each goblet.  Punched a hole in the flop flop and tied it around the middle of the goblet with fun ribbon.  Inside the goblets: I took the Gummy LifeSavers out of the package as I wanted the contents all inside the glass. I put the Lifesavers on the bottom, then the Crystal Light packages.  Then, I topped off each one with a flamingo stirrer and a coordinating drink umbrella!  I was happy with how these came out and they were fun to make!  You could make many different variations of this project!  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment