Saturday, March 24, 2012

Easter Front Door Wreath

OK, this can't be any easier and I LOVE how it looks on my front door!  Have a bunch of plastic Easter eggs lying around?  Do this and feel like you have put them to use!  Since I am sans children, I did not have a bunch of Easter eggs lying around - however I got a ton for very little money at Big Lots.











You will need:  1.)  Straw wreath (mostly if you put this outside), can use foam if you are making yours for inside.  I personally prefer the straw wreaths - they last longer.  Leave the plastic on.  This was an 18 inch wreath....you can always go smaller.
2.)  Floral wrapper or sturdy ribbon to hang.  I just grabbed a cute ivory and gold one on clearance to match the eggs.
3.)  Plastic Easter eggs!  I got this bag full of 100 for only $5 at Big Lots.  The cheaper the better...you are after all, covering these things in hot glue.  I have about 30 left!
4.)  Hot glue gun and about 4 large glue sticks is what I went through.


 The only tricky part of this project is securing your hanging ribbon.  I hot glued both sides of it, as it was wrapped around the wreath. I then also hot glued two eggs purposely on top of the ribbon to keep it securely in place.

After this....just keep filling in wreath with plastic eggs, alternating their direction....I did about three rows of eggs going around.

Once you have filled in the wreath, then you can place additional eggs on top of that layer, scattered here and there to give more dimension to the wreath.  And, you're done!  Hang it somewhere everyone can enjoy it!  I plan on keeping mine up throughout April.

No comments:

Post a Comment