Saturday, January 28, 2012

Java Really Does Go A Long Way

Coffee Can Containers
So when not crafting, I like to at least have creative storage.  I got the idea to save up coffee cans last year and came across some fabric, adhesive contact paper at my second favorite place, Goodwill.

Using the contact paper (paid .99), colorful buttons I had, the only other item I needed was coordinating ribbon. Found some fun ribbons (inexpensive to boot) at the clearance section of Michaels.  I recommend checking their clearance often...I have more luck with them than AC Moore as far as variety goes.

Then, voila, with some creativity, the ideas are limitless.  I turned these on their side, attached with my high temperature glue gun, and you have a fun storage area for your markers, pens, pencils, even adhesives and spray paints.  I have seen others attach them to a wall near your craft table.  This will be something I plan to do down the road.  My craft room is in transition at the moment.  Save your coffee cans and keep an eye out for eye catching contact or wallpaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment