Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Super Meal that Truly is Super

Key ingredients of the sweet and spicy chicken wings.
 OK so every year when the Super Bowl comes, no matter whether it involves the New England Patriots in it or not, I always have a "game meal".  Since this Super Bowl did involve the Patriots getting to the Super Bowl, I decided I wanted a new meal to try, from scratch and not as bad for you as other foods. I am crediting three sites for these recipes on here that were all winners.  No matter who wins this game, I certainly won in this meal!  Highly recommend all three, or one that you might give a try.  Note:  Normally I use items from the Asian market for recipes like this.  We had run out, so I settled for grocery store bought and it was still amazing!
 Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings - hate to credit her, but I have to here.  Martha Stewart's recipe for this and the dipping sauce was perfection.  We loved the dipping sauce so much that we are going to use it for our homemade Chinese food night.  I marinaded these over night.  Martha Stewart's Spicy-Sweet Chicken Wings

Next, the Greek Nachos from Chaos in the Kitchen.  I actually used leftover Italian sausage for the meat! I added avacado as well.  Didn't matter - these were so packed!  Chaos' recipe is here:  Greek Nachos  Also, I did use the tzatziki listed on this page, I used this one:  Recommended Tzatziki Dip


Lastly, the simple yet ever-so-tasty Black Bean and Rice Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette.  This was SO easy that I will definitely make again, and soon.  I used a recipe (mostly just for the dressing) at Cooking Books' Black Bean and Rice Salad.

This was such a hit with my husband.  I do plan on making all items again at some point for company and other special nights!



No comments:

Post a Comment